Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 1

     I was so excited for so many funny and unusual things to happen today so I had many topics to discuss on my first blog.  Well unfortunately today was kinda dull.  Well dull as far as humorous stories are concerned.  It was actually an extremely busy day.  In order to explain all the busy-ness (I know not a word or at the very least spelled wrong - I can hear my mother now "$5000 a year to put you through private school and you put busy-ness in your blog!") though I would have to go into way too much back story which I am too tired to do tonight.
     I will share one funny little tidbit before I go into what you can expect from my blog on a daily basis.  I was walking in down town St. Paul, MN. this morning and there was a fairly large size trucking backing up to a building.  The truck was backing into a driveway that crossed the sidewalk.  Two other ladies and myself had stopped to wait for the truck to finish moving.  There was also a police car there to stop oncoming traffic.  The truck had the back up beeping noise going and then I heard one of the ladies next to me say "hey lady -STOP!!!!"  There was a young girl (early 20's) with her face buried in her cell phone and she was walking behind the truck (which was still backing up).  The truck was about 2 feet away from the building.  Had the lady next to me not said something the girl would have been hit by the truck.  The look on the girls face was hilarious.  She was so immersed in her phone that she had no clue there was a truck in the middle of the sidewalk let alone that it was about to back into her.  Had the truck already been stopped she probably would have walked right into it!  The look on the police officer's face was also priceless.  I bet he was wishing he could write tickets for stupidity at that moment.  The two women and I all shook our heads and laughed and then continued on our way when the truck had stopped.  The whole thing was too funny! It's bad enough that people get into accidents because of cell phone use while driving but to have an accident happen while your walking!!!! Seriously - pull you head out of your ass!
     So you may be wondering what motivated me to start doing a blog.  Well I tried to explain it a little in my blog description but I'm a little to long winded for a 500 character maxium restriction.  I am constantly making my friends and family laugh at my random mishaps and stories about things that happen to me.  Don't get me wrong my life isn't a complete disaster, but I definitely have my moments.
     Here is a little back story on me then I'm going to call it a night.  I am 30 years old.  I just moved to Minnesota at the end of January of this year. I had been living near Los Angeles, Ca. since I was 3.  I moved here to get away from numerous things in L.A.   All of these things I will get into in future blogs.  I am divorced.  I was married for 1 year and was with with my ex-husband for a total of 5 years.  The failed marriage, my family life and some missteps professionally became a little to much for me to handle.  I needed a fresh start. I decided to move here.  I used to visit Minnesota every summer up to the age of about 16 because my family lives here. I currently live with my aunt on a farm that is about 30 miles north of the twins cities.  It is pretty rural and you will hear me refer to it as "god's country."  I am lucky to have many friends and family out here who have tried to make the adjustment as easy as possible for me.   Unfortunately, as you will find out I have a tendency to make things difficult for myself.  I have worked in the car business as a salesperson for over 10 years. My experience in the car business has been very interesting and the stories I could tell could probably fill up numerous novels. It's very much an all boys club and I have somehow managed to fit right in.  This is probably because I tend to think like a guy.  Don't worry we will go into that a lot more! I have worked at two dealers so far since I moved here and have struggled.  I am having a hard time communicating to the people out here.  I am currently unemployed. Ugh!!!  I have a few irons in the fire and will go overs those in detail in future blogs.  I tend to take things pretty well and most of the things that would probably slow most people down for a few weeks, I tend to get over in a day.  This has not always been the case though.  The past 3 years have been insanely challenging and it has taken everything in my power to keep going. Sorry, I know all of that was boring but it was a necessary evil for you to understand topics that may come up.
   Many of the things I do and the way I choose to live my life (especially romantically) tends to confound many people.  I definitely do not think like the normal female. In fact both men and women find it amusing the way I go about things.  I believe in being straight forward and always being honest - sometimes a little too honest.  This pertains to myself more than others though.  I am very open minded and respect how anyone chooses to live their life.  I just tend to be no holds bar when it comes to telling people about myself or what's on my mind.  So be forewarned!  Many things I say will probably fall under the category of T.M.I.  I will also warn you that I am a very sexual person and sex will often be a topic I will discuss. Oh and yes I am heterosexual (at least about 90% of the time.) I figure I better warn you now so you are not caught of guard by the things that will appear in my blog. 
    Well I think that was a decent summary of me, at least for day 1.  You will find out more than you would probably ever want to know about a person as the days progress.  Oh and I promise tomorrow should be fairly entertaining.  On my list of things to do tomorrow is buy a wheel barrel, muck stall, drag the arena and finally try my exercise ball.  This list may not seem comical, but it's me and at least one of those things is going to be a riot.  Most likely the exercise ball.  I've never been on one with out a trainer to catch me before I rolled off of it, so it should be fun.
  
 I hope everyone was a wonderful evening! 

P.S. This blog is probably riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.  I will appoligize now for this blog and any future blogs that are this way.  The fact of the matter is I really don't care.  I am not trying to win any literary awards.  I just want to be somewhat entertaining and be able to express myself.  Please do not point out any errors.  However, if I state something as a fact and I am wrong please feel free to tell me, but no nit-picking of my writting please.  Thank you :* (that is a kissy face for you that don't know)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda this just makes me miss you even more i havnt seen you in 9 months and wished you never left your always gonna be a special person in my life hopefully you come back to your goddman senses ans come home already! lol missing you lots and loving you more ,Bobby

    ReplyDelete